The Greatest Show of All

The greatest show of all by Jane Eagland

Jane Eagland started writing books when she was quite old and she is around 50 years now. She was born in Essex in England and worked as a teacher teaching English for many years. She got a bit bored of teaching so she started writing books instead. She has also written a book called Wildthorn. She has dedicated the book The greatest show of all to a person called Selina Pratt. I don’t know who this person is, maybe it is a friend of Jane’s?

It's about a girl named Kitty who loves horses and she lives with her father and I think she has a brother who is gone. It doesn’t say in the book where Kitty’s mother is. One day Kitty felt angry and not welcome at the stable, so she ran away to a circus and tried to get a job there. She met a boy called Fred. He was going to help her to get a job at the circus. Fred's family owns the circus.

When I first looked at the front I thought it was a fantasy book. The girl on the front page looked like she belonged in a fantasy book or world. I thought the flying balls were part of that fantasy world too. But now I understand that it is Kitty and she is at a circus, maybe.

You don't get so much information about the weather but I think it is summer, because they are wearing skirts and jeans and shorts, which you don’t wear when the weather is cold in the winter.

The story takes place at a circus and home at Kitty's. I think it takes place in England because of the English street names and the characters’ names. I also think it is in England because the author Jane Eagland is English and probably this book takes place somewhere the author has been or lived herself. Kitty is both in the countryside where the stable is but also in some kind of city (where she is running on “High street”).

There is no exact date or year mentioned in the book but I guess it could be now (2017) or a couple of years back, one thing is that there are cars in the book so it can’t be too old…

The most important person in the book is Kitty who has long dark hair and she is a nice person. I think she is about my age (soon 16) but she could be a bit older, it isn’t very clear.

Other characters in the book who aren’t main characters but still there to make the story going are: Sara, Fred, Jack, Oscar (who are all working at the circus) and the guvnor (Kitty’s boss).

The book was easy to read, the letters are in a big size and the book has about 96 pages which makes it easy to get through, it is not too long. I didn’t like the book very much because the story wasn’t very exciting, it was all about Kitty’s life at the circus and I thought it was a fantasy book. I would recommend the book to people who find it hard to read books in English, this is a good book to start with because it was quite easy to get through.

Alma Norin 9k2

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Sommarboktips: Kära dagbok (jag hatar dig)

Recension: Mörkt svek

Boktips- En sekund i taget