Spitfire

Wings: Spitfire take to the skies by Tom Palmer

It’s about a boy called Greg who lives near an old airfield in Great Britain. He is on a football summer school, but he doesn’t like it and he just wants to play games. He got homework to ask Steve, the owner of the house he lives in to tell him about the airfield. Steve tells him it is an old RAF airfield from WW2. One night Greg woke up in the middle of the night and started painting a spitfire model that he got from Steve, but then he heard a sound and looked out of his window and he started to dream that he was in a Spitfire and in the middle of a dogfight in WW2.

The story takes place in Great Britain.

The main character is Grzegorz Tomaszewski, but he is called Greg and he is from Poland. He is 12 years old and he is on a football summer school but he is not interested in it anymore.

The front page has a spitfire flying pretty close to the ground and someone with a pilot suit looking up at it which I believe is Greg

I think it’s a pretty interesting book and It’s actually pretty good. I chose it because I didn’t find any book I wanted to read but I’m interested in Spitfires and WW2 and things like that and the book was called Spitfire and the front page looked good. My expectation was that it was going to be boring actually, but it wasn’t. I think the story is nice and interesting and I feel that I actually want to read it. It’s maybe because it is not that much text in it so it doesn’t get boring.

I recommend it to young people who think WW2 and Spitfires are interesting and people that want to read a book with not that much text in it because it was very easy to read.

/Boy in year 9

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

Sommarboktips: Kära dagbok (jag hatar dig)

Recension: Mörkt svek

Boktips- En sekund i taget